About The Hudson Group


Our Executive Search, Business Coaching and Recruitment Process Outsourcing services solve unique client solutions every day. The Hudson Group is more than an executive "search" firm. The relationships we form provide inside industry perspectives where we serve as vested partners for our clients and their interests.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Level of Services vs. Discount, Discount, Discount!!!

     
I was recently on a family vacation in Florida recently and there was a car dealer ad that kept coming up over and over again pushing how deep their discounts were. They were by far the most annoying over the top commercials my wife and I had ever heard and I could not for the life of me think who in their right mind would seek to do business with this dealership. After speaking with my father (local to the area), he noted that very few of his friends and colleagues go there and that the company was continually in the news for one kind of violation or another.  

I had to look them up online and found out that 90% of the complaints revolved around service.  Oddly enough, the very next day I was forwarded an “email blast” from a search consulting firm that operates in the education space opening right up with the offer of a discount…when looking for a high level of service, if a firms going to start off on this level with you – that will trickle down on the candidate pool they will attempt to reach on your behalf. So, prepare for them to balk, hesitate and give in, give up and not reach the premier talent you’re truly looking to hire.

-John Assunto
President & CEO
The Hudson Group

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I spent January and February in Florida and heard what had to be the same annoying commercials over and over from one dealership. I cannot imagine who they are targeting as their customer with that annoying message.

    ReplyDelete